- Duration :
06 Night / 07 Days
- Places Covered :
Guwahati - Jorhat - Sivasagar - Kaziranga - Guwahati
Recommended Itinerary :
Day 01: Arrival at Guwahati
Upon arriving at Guwahati and following a brief welcome ceremony, you check into your hotel room. We will stay the night in Guwahati.
Day 02: Guwahati - Jorhat [Jorhat: Tea capital, the Thengal Mansion, Assamese village.]
Starting early in the morning, we will drive to Jorhat, or the tea capital of Assam, which is around 207 kms away. Accommodation in Jorhat will be provided at the Thengal Mansion which is the ancestral house of a tea planter. Located around 15km from Jorhat, in an Assamese village where we stay at the 72 year old Thengal Mansion, which will provide an insight into the culture and tradition of the Assamese people. Soon after lunch and a brief rest, we walk to the village and get an insight on the simple lives that the locals lead. Today, we explore the remains of the Ahom Kingdom!
Breakfast will be served early, after which we will drive to Sibsagar where we will see the ruins of the Ahom Kingdom. They ruled Assam for around 500 years before the British took over. Next we will visit the Tai Ahom Museum and the Maidams, or the mummy like figures, of the Ahom rulers at Charaideo. We will return to Jorhat and rest for the night there.
Day 04: Tocklai Research Station, Kaziranga national park
Following breakfast, we will learn about cultivating and picking tea in a tea plantation at the Tocklai Research Station. After returning to Jorhat for lunch, we drive to the Kaziranga national park, 90km away. It is home to the endangered one-horned rhino. We will stay the night at a tourist lodge.
Day 05: Kaziranga
We start the day early by leaving at around 5.30am to experience the elephant safari through the central range of Kaziranga. We then explore the eastern range on a jeep safari. After a brief stop for lunch, we move on to tour the western range, also by jeep. Overnight stay at Kaziranga.
Day 06: Kaziranga - Guwahati
Today, we will drive to Guwahati (200km) after an early breakfast. In the evening, you can enjoy a cruise on the Brahmaputra River. We will stay the night at a hotel in Guwahati.
Day 07: Departure
Following breakfast you can spend the day at your leisure till your departure time.
- Air-conditioned Etios Car for the entire trip as per the itinerary
- 06 Nights accommodation in the listed hotels/similar.
- Air Conditioned Innova Car as per itinerary
- Mineral Water ( 2 Bottle PER PERSON PER DAY )
- English speaking chauffeur with proper uniform for the entire trip.
- Our company representative for all arrival and transfers.
- All applicable toll charges and taxes
- Any lunch & Dinner as per itinerary
- Laundry fees, Camera fees
- Any entrances fees
- Items of personal nature, porterage
- Any airfare/ train fare
- Guide charges
- Any personal expenses.
- All other items and services not specified in tour inclusions
- Any domestic and International flight not Included in above cost